Snap Assist is a new feature introduced in Windows 10 that allows you to open and work on up to four applications/windows simultaneously on a single computer screen. In order to use Snap Assist, you are not required to launch any program or install any third-party application.
As long as the Windows key and the arrow keys on your keyboard are functioning properly, you can use Snap Assist to arrange the opened windows or applications in a way that it becomes easy for you to work on them without minimizing any of them.
The best part is, Snap Assist automatically resizes the opened windows according to the available space, thus helping you save decent account of your time.
You can follow the steps given below to use Snap Assist in your Windows 10 computer:
- Use any account to sign-in or log on to your Windows 10 PC.
- Open any four windows. (Folders or interfaces of the applications.)
- Click the title bar of the first opened window.
- Keeping the window active, press the Windows + Left Arrow keys simultaneously.
- Once the active window covers the entire the left area of your computer screen, keeping the same window active, press the Windows + Up Arrow keys to snap the window to the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Choose a different window, press the Windows + Left Arrow keys and then Windows + Down Arrow keys to snap the second window to the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Follow the same method to snap the remaining two windows to the upper-right and bottom-right corner of the screen using the combination of Windows and Right/Up/Down arrow keys accordingly.
- Start working on your preferred open window by clicking inside it.