Posted in Windows-10
Skype is now owned by the Microsoft hence it comes as a built-in app in Microsoft’s Windows 10 itself. Despite coming as a pre-installed program in the operating system Skype still needs to be set up before you can use it to stay in touch with your friends relatives and colleagues.
To set up Skype on Windows 10 the PC must be connected to the Internet. Although it is recommended that you use your Microsoft account to set up and sign-in to Skype if you want you can also use a different already existing Skype ID while setting up your Skype account.
Steps to set up Skype on a Windows 10 computer are given below:
- Log on to your Windows 10 computer.
- From the bottom-left corner of the desktop screen click Start.
- Click the Skype tile from the right section of the Start menu.
Note: If there is no Skype tile present in the Start menu you can find it by clicking the All apps option from the bottom of the left section of the menu.
- From the Skype’s Sign in window click the Microsoft account button.
Note: Alternatively you can also click the Skype Name button to use a different Skype ID or click the Sign in with Facebook link to sign-in to Skype with your Facebook account.
- In the available fields in the next window provide your Microsoft account’s username and password and click Sign in.
- Wait until Skype prepares itself for further processing.
- Wait until your new account is created and you are successfully signed-in to Skype.
- Once done if needed configure your Skype account as per your preferences.